Aircast Cryo/Cuff Automatic Cold Therapy IC Cooler
When you've suffered from an injury to the hand or wrist, it can feel as though it takes ages for the affliction to heal. The Aircast Cryo/Cuff Automatic Cold Therapy IC Cooler is an integrated approach to cold therapy that combines cold and focal compression to better manage pain and reduce swelling. The cooler uses a motorised delivery system to deliver intermittent cold and focal compression.
With its simple design, the Automatic Cold Therapy IC Cooler is easy to operate and can be used in athletic training rooms or even at home. The cooler has an integrated pneumatic pump within the cooler lid to provide automated cold and compression therapy. This means you don't have to continually check up on the cooler while it's in use.
What's Included with Your Purchase?
Please note that individual supports to be used in conjunction with the cooler are sold separately. The Hand and Wrist Cryo/Cuff can be purchased on Wrist Supports.
The Aircast Cryo/Cuff Cold Therapy IC Cooler is supplied complete with:
- Main bucket unit
- Cooler tube
- Insulation disc
- Cooler lid
- Power supply
How Large Is the Therapy IC Cooler?
Please view the information below to see how large the Therapy IC Cooler is:
- Width: 175mm
- Height with Lid Attached: 300mm
- Circumference: 600mm
Automatic and Gravity-Fed Therapy
The Cryo Cuff Cold Therapy IC Cooler is designed to be as flexible to use as possible. Designed with both an automatic and gravity-fed system, the unit provides cold and compression therapy to targeted areas of your body. Crafted with an integrated pneumatic pump within the cooler lid, the device can be used without constantly having to adjust the unit.
Learn More About the Cryo Cuff IC
Find out more about the Aircast Automatic Cold Therapy Cooler by watching the video below. The unit has been designed to be as easy to use as possible.
Indications for the Automatic Cold Therapy Cooler
When used with the Hand and Wrist Cryo/Cuff, the cooler can help with the following conditions:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Post-operative conditions
- Sports injuries
- Sprained wrist
- Wrist instability
- Wrist strain
- Wrist tendonitis
- Wrist trauma
Key Features and Benefits
- Integrated pneumatic pump within cooler lid
- Pump provides automated compression and cold therapy
- Simple design so cooler can be operated easily
- Ideal for post-operative recovery or trauma
- Can be used in the home or in athletic training rooms
- Intermittent cold and compression clinically proven to reduce swelling
- Helps restore your range of motion
- Combines gravity and motorised system for flexibility of care
- Has a whisper-quiet motor to help you relax
- Insulated cuff and quick pad disconnect make product durable and mobile
How Does the Aircast Automatic Cryo/Cuff Compress?
Once you have plugged your unit in to the mains, you will hear the internal motor start up and power down every thirty seconds. Once attached correctly, your Cryo/Cuff will follow this cycle, providing intermittent compression every thirty or so seconds.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Aircast IC Cooler Unit
We have found that the quality of therapy provided by the IC Cooler increases when a large amount of ice is added to your cooler. To get the most out of your Cooler Unit, we recommend filling your IC tank with as much ice as possible in order to keep the temperature as low as possible and maximise the quality of treatment received.
- Do not use an elastic wrap with the Cryo/Cuff IC Cooler
- Dressings used under the Cryo/Cuff should be applied lightly
- When filling the cooler, do not raise it higher than 38cm above the Cryo/Cuff support to avoid excessive pressure
- Reduce pressure if you begin to feel any sense of discomfort, numbness or tingling in the limb
- Empty the Cryo/Cuff after each use and prior to refilling
- Patient skin condition checks must occur every one to two hours on a routine basis